Sunday, July 29, 2007
A hidden gem
Every once in a while (measured in many years) Kathy and i spend some time at King's Park.
And every time we go, we wonder why we go so infrequently.
It is a beautiful park that seems to be largely unknown. When i lived a VERY short bike ride away in my (now distant) youth, it was barely on my radar. And i had friends who lived darn near next to it.
Soon it will be the home of a labyrinth built in Carol Shield's memory.
We looked for the labyrinth last night .
Clearly we should pay more attention to news stories. It was merely a sod turning in march, not the opening, that we thought it was. Never the less, we enjoyed our walk, and look forward to returning (soon) for a bike ride or a picnic. Heck, maybe we could do both.








And every time we go, we wonder why we go so infrequently.
It is a beautiful park that seems to be largely unknown. When i lived a VERY short bike ride away in my (now distant) youth, it was barely on my radar. And i had friends who lived darn near next to it.
Soon it will be the home of a labyrinth built in Carol Shield's memory.
We looked for the labyrinth last night .
Clearly we should pay more attention to news stories. It was merely a sod turning in march, not the opening, that we thought it was. Never the less, we enjoyed our walk, and look forward to returning (soon) for a bike ride or a picnic. Heck, maybe we could do both.


Comments:
<< Home
I just visited the site for the Wpg Fdn, and I think it could some time before its completed!:-)
You're right though, as I drove in I thought "what a wonderful little secret!"
Post a Comment
You're right though, as I drove in I thought "what a wonderful little secret!"
<< Home

